Following features are provided in code editor:
- strings can be moved to resources ad-hoc. A dialog window will be shown to specify the resource file, resource key, comment. Similar strings will be searched and offered to replace as well.
- move all strings from file (and related files) to resources. (Batch move to resources). Action will respect Localizable attribute. User may select to localize setters of specified properties/parameters only (e.g. all calls to Console.WriteLine)
- when a resource is used and the resource is a format string, VL will produce warning when the resource is not used where format string is expected (e.g. Console.Writeline, String.Format etc.) or when incorrect amount of parameters is provided.
- copy & paste is resource-aware. When copying source code containing references to resource keys not available in the target source file, the user is notified and can choose one of the following solutions:
- inline strings
- add reference to the source project
- duplicate resource string in local resource file
- ASP.NET page/master page/control localization is supported
- editor offers similar features as C# code editor
- Localizable attribute is respected
- Batch localization - the user can batch-process all setters of some property (e.g. move all initializations of Label.Text to resources)
- XAML support and localization of Silverlight/WPF projects ??
Following features are provided in solution explorer:
- batch move all strings to resources (from project, selection of projects, entire solution)
Following features are provided in resource editor:
- Find all references of a resource key
- Resource refactoring: rename, duplicate, inline, merge resources
Localization support can be invoked both from Visual Studio or as a standalone application. It should ease the process of localization and management of resource dictionaries.
Following features are provided as localization support:
- Creation and management of several resource dictionaries for different languages.
- Compare resource dictionaries (diff)
- The tool may utilize available spellcheck and translation tools and services