save dialog preferences, kb shortcuts

May 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I have proposal to save preferences for dialog "Move to resource..". I am using always same format for Key. also would be good idea to save resource file name and other parameters in dialog.

Also I did not find way to add keyboard shortcuts into menu. Is there any way to do it?
Coordinator
May 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Hi meatbluesky,

thank you for using Visual Localizer.
Also I did not find way to add keyboard shortcuts into menu. Is there any way to do it?
Visual Studio itself enables this. Go to Tools/Customize/Commands, select "Context menus" and look up desired Visual Localizer command. You can assign any keyboard shortcut to it.

Regarding the "Move to resource" command - I see your point and I hopefully will have time to implement this functionality. Could you be a little more specific? What do you mean by "same format for key" - you select one the proposed ones or you create your own and want Visual Localizer to enable you to save this format?
Jun 2, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Thank you! I found it, but did not work on some reason. But does not matter - I moved Visual Localizer first in menu - that did the trick I needed. Still playing with mouse, but faster anyways.

About "same format for key". I will use already existing one, but it always appears second in drop down list. Would be more convenient if dialog will save my preference, so that the one I selected last time will be already selected next time when I use dialog. Same applies for resource file drop down list and other settings.
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2013 at 9:37 AM
OK, I will also look into the keyboard shortcuts problem. Could you tell me which version of Visual Studio are you using?
The thing with saving the dialog preferences should be fairly straightforward, I will update existing release within few days. Hit "Follow" in the project homepage if you want to be informed about updates in this project.
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Hi meatbluesky,

I just updated the release. The "move to resources" dialog now remembers its settings.
I also examined the problem with keyboard shortcuts - for me, they work. However, there is one little trick in Visual Studio that may have caused your issues. The fact is, when you assign a keyboard shortcut to a Visual Localizer command, it does NOT mean, the shortcut is not assigned also to something else. For example, if you want to assign "CTRL+SHIFT+M" to "Move to resources" and "CTRL+SHIFT+M" had already been assigned to some other command, you need to remove this binding before you can use the shortcut.

Hope I helped - please rate the project and spread the word if you like Visual Localizer :-).
Jun 4, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Hi !
That's perfect. Now it's doing exactly what I need. Thank you!
I also figured out the reason to my hassle with shortcuts. I was trying to use AltGr key for that. But it will insert Alt + Ctrl to shortcut field instead, and does not behave same way when I'm using it later.
Apr 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM
Hi, just one more little suggestion/request concerning this issue - would it be possible to set the same format preference in each cell of "Batch move to resources" as is remembered in the "Move to resources" dialog (or move this to settings where user could select the default format for both)? It is actually a quite simple change that I would have done myself, however as I am using VS2013, I wasn't able to reproduce your build environment.

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Hi, I just updated the release and included the change you requested. Hope it helps - please rate/donate the project and spread the word if you like Visual Localizer :-).