Visual Localizer resx editor cannot edit

May 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Has anyone come across the same issue as mine? The resx editor often greys out and cannot edit. And I cannot find a clue when this will happen or recover.
Coordinator
May 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Hi Jokerobo,

Thank you for using Visual Localizer.
The symptoms you describe indicate that the edited document was locked or marked as read-only. Do you see a little lock sign right next to the document's name?
There are several things that may cause this:
  • the file itself is readonly
  • the document cannot be edited, because there is another operation in progress - for example an opened "Batch move" tool window or "Global translate" dialog. Try closing all such windows.
Hope I helped - if not, please include a printscreen so I can see what's going on.
May 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Thanks for your prompt reply. I don't think my situation fits any one you listed. I'm not using the resource file else where at all.
I've tried to close solution, restart visual studio and even reboot my computer, the lock on the resource file just wouldn't disappear.
The screenshot shows nothing is being used at all while the resource is still locked.
Inline image 1
Coordinator
May 23, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Sorry, can't see the image :-)
May 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I think I've found the problem. I'm using team foundation server. I should click "check out for edit" first to edit that file. Thanks. I love your work~
Coordinator
May 23, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Oh yes, somebody else already mentioned this problem, I've quite forgotten...
Thank you very much for your appreciation - please rate the project and spread the word if you like :-)
May 23, 2013 at 9:33 PM
Absolutely! I've already recommended it to several my workmates. Thanks again for your wonderful work!