XAML support

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Hi,

I saw that you have added XAML support to your ideas section. Is there any chance you will update your project to support XAML files? Many developers are asking for that.

Thank you.

Ilija
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Hi Ilija,

unfortunately I must disappoint you - Visual Localizer will most likely not support localization of XAML in near future. The reason is that localization of WPF projects is very different from localization of WinForms. As I mentioned in different thread, this is an academic project - there are certain deadlines and I'm afraid that if I start something as big as WPF, I may not finish it in time, which would be extremely unpleasant for me.
However, I'll keep WPF in the ideas section and hopefully I will get back to it later.

Thank you for your inquiry.

cre8or
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Hi,

ok. That sounds reasonable. Do you have a hint, how to access XAML files via the Visual Studio Development Kit for 2012? If not, also ok. I am interested in that. Maybe I am checking your code, when I have time, to see how you did the integration and check, if I can work on something to enable localization of XAML.

Best,
Ilija
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Sorry, no idea how that works. Feel free to browse and use the code any way you want (see License) - but I would advise you to wait till I write at least some comments into the code :-). Which should be within two months or so.
I hope you enjoy Visual Localizer nonetheless :-).

cre8or
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Sure :) And not only I do :) We are spreading the word for this very nice tool.

Ilija